Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thermodynamics says…

Thermodynamics says that (due to probability) all of the air in my room won’t all gather on one side of the room allowing me to choke in the vacuum on the other side of the room.

But as far as my understanding of thermodynamics goes, I’m choking to death right now.

I have about 14 minutes to keep on track with my declared “frequency” of posts, but it’s been a slow day because of my lack of physics class today. So it’s all about things today that as far as I know are making me choke to death right now.

String theory is something that I’ve heard a lot about as I’ve run into people that are, like me, interested in physics. And String theory has to do with thermodynamics basically because I know just about as much of the one as I do the other (despite already having passed a college course in thermodynamics).

So today I’ll let an expert do the talking, and if you’ve never seen a TED talk before, be fore warned: They can be incredibly entertaining and intriguing, but they last from 10-30 minutes so you can waste a lot of time on them.

Oh and my favorite discussion involving extra dimensions is absolutely this explanation of the 10 dimensions.

Looks like I just barely made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment